Share Print

Financial aid eligibility is typically determined through the FAFSA which uses income information from two years ago. If the financial situation for you, your spouse (if applicable), or your parents (if parental information is provided on the FAFSA) has significantly changed from the information reported on your FAFSA, you may submit an income appeal.

An Income Reduction Appeal will require an aid year specific form and detailed supporting documents such as IRS tax transcripts, W2s, paystubs, and/or detailed statements. Appeals must be submitted prior to the end of the semester you are requesting the adjustment for AND, if your FAFSA has a verification To Do List item, it must be completed prior to submitting the appeal.

Visit NOVA’s FINANCIAL AID APPEALS blog for more information and for links to the aid year specific forms which will provide instructions for you to follow and a list of documents you will need to submit.

(Financial Aid > Special Circumstances > Income Reduction)

Last updated: 2020-05-11 10:46 AM 2073-8726-8386-3770
Help us improve our support. Was this article helpful?